Monday, February 23, 2009

iNTEGRATION & uNITY iN pLURAL sOCIETY...a mALAYSIAN pOINT oF vIEW...



In these days,we can clearly see that racial intergration and unity in our plural society is diminishing and losing its importance in the society.At first I could not differentiate the meaning of integration and unity.I wasn't even aware of what we (Malaysia) are lacking of....Integration or unity? Then I managed to simplifythe definition of integration and unity...


INTEGRATION=MIXTURE


UNITY=COMPOUND


Mixture ,scientifically means two elements mix together physically but are not thoroughly mingled in other words easy to separate.


Compound,scientifically means two elements mix together by chemical means and it is very hard to separate them again.


In Malaysia,we can see that we have racial integration but not unity.A chinese is a friend to a malay and indian but they do not treat each other as ONE....I'm not saying this happens all the time but I'm talking about the common situation here.It can be a over-generalized statement to some who reads this posting and I'm sorry about that.I'm not condemning any group or party.In fact,I'm very much saddened by the 'indigestible' fact that we are lacking of unity and our integration bond is soon breaking due to racial disputes and whatsoever...


Here,I believe each and everyone of us should take the initiative to improve this situation.All races should respect the interest and rights of all other races.This will automatically reduce the bitterness in our relationship.The moment we start to understand what EQUALITY means, I am pretty sure no racial disputes will ever take place in a wonderful country like Malaysia.This is one country that the world has witness to be in a state of peace and harmony though resided by people of different backgrounds and cultures altogether.Thus it is our responsibility to maintain such pride,reputation and status to prove to the world that being different from each other is not the reason for drifting ourselves towards vengeance and hatred like what is happening around the globe.The war,so much disagreement,power disputes etc..


But Malaysia is not one of them.I am proud to be born in such a country, so my humble request to everyone out there,forget about all the differences in us,search for the similarities...and trust me we are same!!!WE ARE MALAYSIANS!!!PROUD TO BE A MALAYSIAN....please promote racial integration and unity! Everything starts with a first baby step...Rome wasn't build in a day...
*(images from myspace and m2day)

No comments:

Post a Comment