Thursday, October 22, 2009

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS MORAL???


Hey guys...it has been such a long time I didn't spend time to write. I was pretty busy since it's my short semester. Today,I attended my last class for the semester before sitting for my finals next week. Apparently I took Moral Education this semester which I found quite interesting and mind-opening subject. Well I didn't know the definition of moral until I attended this course. Always thought moral is something right while immoral is something awful. However, Moral is a far more broad topic and its definition, I must say its definition is not limited to just one but several that fit into the minds of many societies out there. True enough that a single definition will only narrow down the whole idea of "MORAL" and will not serve any purpose to the societies and the different cultural backgrounds.
Several theories were produced that fit as the definition of moral based on the values that one is brought up with. Every individual can freely choose any theory and set it as his or her moral definition and follow as a way of life regardless of gender, stereotyping and economic status. For example, The Kant's Duty Theory states that once moral rules have been discovered to be absolutes, human beings must obey them out of a sense of duty rather than follow the inclinations. On the other hand, we can take Utilitarianism theory as our stand. It states that everyone should perform the act or follow that moral rule which will bring about the greatest good (happiness) for everyone concerned.
So, as you guys can see now that moral education is not that boring at all. It is just the way we perceive it. It all depends on the values that we are brought up with. Like some may agree on Kant's Duty Ethics but some may prefer to be a Utilitarian. So yeah guys ponder over this moral thing and you will see that you love Moral Education and trust me that you have the capability to implement and apply most of what you learn. Moral is not something that we study within the closed walls of the lecture hall but in fact it is an on-going education process that happens anywhere anytime. All I need to say is that BE MORAL AS IT FITS YOUR DEFINITION, REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE YOU NOT ANY OTHER TOM,DICK OR HARRY. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment